We are looking for a Game Services Engineer to work on the design, implementation and support of micro-services and backing services in a cloud environment. Services will interact with game clients, game servers, databases and the company's web platform.
- Design and implement high performance and scalable back-end services that support or control game features.
- Work closely with Dev Operations and the Quality Assurance teams to provide documentation, and support for services in testing and production environments.
- Diagnose and fix complex problems between multiple services. and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee's skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience using C/C++ or Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with C++ 11 constructs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Windows and Linux.
- Familiar with service oriented architectures and microservices.
- Understanding and use of software design patterns.
- Understanding of asynchronous communication.
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
- Familiar with SQL and/or NOSQL databases.
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Passion for space simulations/games and science fiction.
- Experience with Data Visualization.
- Experience developing or working with gameplay features.
- Experience working with and integrating scripting languages into C++ applications.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- MMO experience.
- Cloud Service programming experience.