Games and Level Design,Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
For our Poker Group at Azerion Head Quarters in Amsterdam we are looking for a Backend Developer (PHP) - Governor of Poker.
Azerion is a media, entertainment and technology company that provides safe, reliable and valuable content and services.
Our mission is to engage users while helping advertisers and publishers connect with them in a meaningful and valuable way.
We are headquartered in Amsterdam with a local presence in more than 15 European countries. This allows us to tailor advertising- and content solutions to every market and language, while providing all the benefits of a pan-European scale of hundreds of millions of unique and valuable users every month.
Azerion has been on a skyrocket growth curve over the last two years, adding advertiser and publisher technology to its consumer content portfolio.
We have acquired several related businesses and grown them.
This means (for example) Improve Digital, Game Distribution, Headerlift and Quantum are now within the Azerion family.
Are you keen to join our family too? Keep reading. We hope to meet you soon!
About the team
The Poker group focuses on multiplayer and cross-platform online poker games such as Governor of Poker, Monopoly Poker and others. We work in an international, young and dynamic team on the biggest Dutch Mobile game ever made. Working on a big multiplayer game that’s being played by millions across many different platforms is challenging but fun work! Every improvement can have a huge effect. Besides working together, we are friends, have fun and try to hang out outside work as well. You will have a lot of freedom within the team to learn and create opportunities for yourself and others.
What you will be doing in this role
You will be working with a great and relatively small team to create new product features, improve stability and maintain the game. There is a deploy each month that needs your work, such as a new gifting calendar, a team feature, a code improvement for claiming achievements. You will work in sprints for the next deliverable.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Creating (new) product features and improvements
* Working on regular deployments
* Increasing performance of the game for users
* Bug Fixing
What you are able to bring to the table
* Extensive experience as Back-end Developer in an online technical environment
* PHP experience
* SQL knowledge
* Experience working with high-traffic websites/games and services
* Experience with Laravel framework
* Sound knowledge and experience with Apache, MySQL, GIT and Linux servers
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Worked with AWS, Continuous Delivery, TeamCity, Redis and Smartfox (as an extra)
* DevOps experience and/or ambition would be a plus
* You have a healthy pragmatic attitude, “being smart, getting things done”
* Java experience is a big plus
* A liking for an informal but professional atmosphere
What we offer you:
* The opportunity to work at an innovative, high-paced company, near Amsterdam
* An informal yet professional international working environment
* Room for personal development in a highly skilled and motivated team
* Money in your bank every month
* Travel cost reimbursement OR an NS Business Card to cover public transport
* Lunch is provided
* Flexible working hours
* Weekly optional workout programs like boxing.
* Entertainment and gaming area where you can unwind
Does this sound like that challenge you’re looking for?
Apply by clicking the apply button, fill in the online form, and attach your CV.
Here’s what happens after you send your application*
You’ll receive an email confirming our hiring department has received your application. An update will follow as to what the next stage will be for you.
*Please note that if you choose to submit your details and curriculum vitae in application to this posted vacancy, you are consenting to the Azerion Human Resources department processing your personal data. Your details may be retained for comparison to future roles which may match your skills and expertise.
*Azerion does not work with agencies. We will not pay any fees related to unrequested cv introductions.
Keep Calm and waka waka...