Los Gatos, United States
Games and Level Design,Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing games on PC and console including Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Magic: Legends. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience. Come and join us!
We are currently looking for brilliant Software Engineers to fill positions at the company in different areas of expertise (for example: graphics, infrastructure, game and console programming) and at all levels of experience.
MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a high quality experience to the players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, a talented programmer need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic.
**Every day you could be**
* Collaborating with world class programmers, artists, and designers.
* Developing the engine that drives our incredible games, in disciplines including AI, graphics, physics, animation, and audio.
* Putting the “massive” in MMO by working on databases, networking, transactions, chat, and other systems that scale to handle hundreds of thousands of users.
* Designing and developing unique game play systems that give each game its own feel.
* Creating the development tools to handle the ever-changing demands of producing online games.
**What we need to see**
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base to understand its inner workings and make improvements.
* A passion for delivering great work.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we’d like to see**
* Experience in the video game industry is a huge plus!
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with games
* Passion for gaming / MMO games
* Proficiency with 3D math as commonly applied to game engines (linear algebra, numerical simulations).
* Technical art knowledge related to animation, modeling, visual effects, etc.
* Experience optimizing multi-threaded code
* Experience with console machine porting
* Basic python and batch script programming skills
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers, memory management, and performance optimization. The interview process will be testing you for these skills. Java, C# and other high-level languages will not be utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers**
* Remote Work Options – Anywhere Within the US
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
Keep Calm and waka waka...