Art Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and have very interesting new projects in the works.
We are currently seeking a 3D Production Support Artist to work directly under our 3D External Development Lead. Your role is to assist the lead with internal and external teams to support the creative vision of the game is crucial. If your interest is piqued - APPLY NOW!
- Compile, write and/or edit art feedback for internal and/or external artists
- Collaborate with the discipline leads to prepare art tasks for internal and/or external teams
- Work closely with multiple departments to ensure accurate best practices are documented
- Integrate assets into the Unreal Engine for review feedback as well as final implementation
- Be diligent in finding ways to constantly improve communication and implementation pipelines
- Improve upon and expand your skill set through research & development, assisting other teams, art studies, scripting, etc.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Exceptional eye for the technical aspects of art assets. (Less than ideal UVs & baking artifacts should really bother you)
- Ability to create visually compelling assets while maintaining those technical standards.
- Deep understanding of PBR theory, material definition, and execution thereof
- Excellent artistic, production and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage time spent on assigned work
- Strong organization & documentation skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience with UE4, Maya, and Z-Brush
- 1+ years game industry production experience
- Experience using proprietary editors, software, and tools
- Experience working with a remote team is bonus but not required
- Ability to pick up on asset feedback software like Shotgun
- Experience using Substance Designer
- Experience creating content in Confluence