Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Anno", "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers" and many more.Job Description
The Outsourcing Supervisor (f/m/d) will be responsible for managing the communication with our external outsourcing partners by creating detailed briefs and feedback documents and providing guidelines as well as creating additional AAA quality environment props and textures for our games.
- Manage communication and provide feedback to an external team of artists
- Close collaboration with the Art Director, Lead Artist and the production team to give precise and structured feedback to the outsourcing teams
- Create detailed documentation, asset briefs, provide references, technical requirements and explanations of workflows to a team of external artists
- Integrate delivered 3D assets into the game engine and ensure the technical and artistic quality of all delivered assets.
- Coordinate scheduling and tracking of assets together with the production team.
- Create detailed outsourcing briefs and feedback documents
- Daily communication with other Ubisoft teams all around the world
- Create additional AAA quality models and textures
- Collaborates with Art Department, Designers, Programmers, Producers
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as an Outsourcing Supervisor, Environment or Prop artist in game development
- At least one shipped commercial AAA title
- Excellent Knowledge of outsourcing production pipelines
- Exceptional understanding of next-gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Being able to understand and execute a specific art style as well as the ability to communicate it to a team of artists
- Being able to evaluate the artistic and technical quality of 3D assets as well as the ability to improve the assets if needed
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color, and detail
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Extensive experience with outsourcing for AAA productions and leading a team of artists