Thank you for your interest. We are always looking for experienced talent to join the Pipeworks team!
The Animator will work closely with the Art Lead to create high quality and effective animations across various projects and styles, ranging from cartoony to realistic, for console, PC, and mobile platforms.
- Create animations for individual projects as needed
- Investigate and test optimal approaches for each platform that hit the highest quality within the given tool set
- Understand what the Art Lead requires for the project and research, develop and implement it in the project’s engine
- Research and utilize the most relevant animation techniques
- Work with character artists to ensure that the character design works with motion requirement
- At least 1-2 years experience in the same or similar role
- Experience with Maya or equivalent tools
- Unity animation experience is a must
- Ability to create strong animations in 2D or 3D in-engines
- Ability to create and work off concepts, storyboards, or reference video
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques and concepts
- Ability to assess suggestions and come up with creative solutions
- Collaborate with the Art Lead and Design team to express personalities and mood through animation
- Unreal animation experience a plus
- Storyboarding experience is a plus
- 2D animation experience a plus
- Motion graphic experience a plus
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO
- Make strong, visually impactful animation that pushes the quality of the project
- Work in an organized way
- Work effectively with other artists and engineers to achieve project goals
- Solve problems to the benefit of the project/team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any degree or certification in Art or equivalent work experience.
Materials Required: Candidate should provide demo reel of animations that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of. An art test may be required.