We are looking for an experienced and passionate Animation Programmer to support our game development team.
As an Animation Programmer, you will play an important role in shaping the future of CRYENGINE's Animation Pipeline. You will work closely with people from different departments such as Animation, AI and Sandbox to implement the tools and systems they need to realize the vision and quality of our Games.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (GitHub)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
Back to all jobs Share
- Implementing well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, physics and AI systems.
- Independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Set development goals as part of a passionate team to shape the future of animation in games.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to assure features are delivered to a certain standard and on time.
- 3+ years of professional game development or similar programming experience.
- Experience in creating animation technologies and integrating them for use in game development.
- At least 1 shipped game title while being in a Animation Programmer role.
- Fluency in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with software profiling tools and performance optimization techniques.
- Solid understanding of the character pipeline tools.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
What you can expect from us Home Office
- Experience with console programming.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Passion for making games.
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio. Career Path
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Company Apartment
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.* Relocation Support
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).* Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro - free of charge.* Gym Card
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.International Environment
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity. German Classes
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family. Vacation Days
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.