We are looking for an AI Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team.
You would help us to maintain and improve our AI code and the systems to support it. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
Back to all jobs Share
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Investigate how to create believable characters and environments.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- 3+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading,
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with standard AI technology (such as finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, etc.).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
What you can expect from us Home Office
- Experience with AI development for games or game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio. Career Path
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Company Apartment
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.* Relocation Support
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).* Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro - free of charge.* Gym Card
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.International Environment
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity. German Classes
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family. Vacation Days
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.