Games and Level Design
Permanent | Full Time
Do you want to have the chance to work for one of the best studios when it comes to work-life balance in the coastal city of Malmo? They are the largest publisher in Sweden with studios also located in Stockholm and the city that never sleeps in New York. You will be a Graphics/Systems Programmer (this is a completely 50/50 split) joining their new founded studio in Malmo, and this is where the core team will be based. You will be working on their own IP while also helping out the Stockholm office utilising their proprietary engine in Apex.
The IP is all hidden in secrecy; however, the new game will be under the leadership of the producer who created Generation Zero!
You will work side by side with designers, animators and producers to realise complex and realistic animal behaviour as well as take part in designing and implementing their senses and needs using and extending existing tools as well as implementing game systems related to pathfinding, decision making, group movement and locomotion.
Sounding good so far? You’ll need the following skills:
• You have experience with different AI architectures and techniques, e.g. behaviour trees and pathfinding
• You can write readable, robust and performant code in C++
• You have a good understanding of all aspects of game programming in multiplayer games
The boxes you will have to tick:
• You have experience of navmesh generation
• You have experience working with vehicle AI and control
• You have familiarity with HavokAI
• You have experience from working with animation state machines, animation blending, IK and similar techniques
Keep Calm and waka waka...