The Account Administration Lead at Cloud Imperium Games spearheads customer interactions, policy, training, and execution of the Account Administration Team duties for Star Citizen. Specifically, this team is responsible for maintaining account-, game-, and service-level integrity for Player Relations' component of the Star Citizen service, such as reviewing conduct violations, account closures, and fraudulent behavior.
This publicly facing position will be responsible for answering customer inquiries through a variety of mediums, primarily through the customer support ticketing interface, while liaising and interfacing with stakeholders to make sure tactics and policies represent the strategy of Cloud Imperium Games and Star Citizen.
Additionally, the Account Administration Lead will be required to maintain policy documentation and logs activity related to performing a variety of investigations, analysis, and review of one-off situations that arise with Star Citizen: Terms of Service violations, third party utility usage, in-game exploits, account takeovers, organized gold farming efforts, and any special research as required by management or require a level of discretion.
The ideal candidate for this role will previous lead-level experience running a team, or extensive experience in working in an account administration capacity. Experience in online game governance and a working knowledge of game mechanics is preferable, and knowledge of Star Citizen is certainly a welcome bonus. Additional skills that would be helpful are an operational understanding of statistical data collection, and a functioning knowledge of SQL, Kibana, or experience with other analytics suites,
Tasks are subject to evolve as this team grows and as business demands change.
- Create, collaborate, and coordinate Account Administration polices in accordance with company directives
- Regularly meet with executives and stakeholders on strategy and service operations
- Maintain documentation of Account Administration policies and procedures, training others when required
- Assist the Game Support Manager by reviewing one-off cases requiring investigation
- Manage and answer incoming Account Support and Hacked Account tickets
- Review, analyze, and distribute information regularly based on observation and trends
- Identify areas of opportunity for improving the product and user experience
- Any other such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games consistent with employee's skills and experience
- Reports to the Game Support Manager
- Ability to coordinate across studios and territories to work with stakeholders in every office
- Previous game support and online community governance experience
- Previous lead-level experience highly desirable
- Prior analytical or research experience including report writing and data analysis
- Able to analyze and process large volumes of data and logs; knowledge of Excel, SQL and Kibana highly desirable
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software computer applications and equipment
- Knowledge of online game and e-commerce behavior
- Effective listening and conflict negotiation skills
- Willingness to co-operate with players and developers in a patient and constructive way
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work through online video and chat with colleagues across the globe
- Is a self starter and can work regularly without oversight but also with a team when required
- Can work independently as well as part of an international team
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective player solutions.
- Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates
- Has a high degree of patience navigating a variety of troubleshooting situations
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.