Cloud Imperium Games is the developer and publisher of the groundbreaking Star Citizen MMO and Squadron 42 single-player game. We are crowdfunded and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who refer to Star Citizen as the "Best Damn Space Sim Ever"!
Based in Wilmslow, the main UK studio is a vibrant team of over 250 people working in a relaxed and collegiate atmosphere with our sister studios in Derby, Frankfurt, Austin, and Los Angeles. Benefits of joining us include flexible working hours, pool table and arcade games in the kitchens, an in-house barista, a casual dress-code, various sports and social groups, and a fantastic team morale with extremely talented colleagues.
Cloud Imperium Games requires an exceptional Artist to work within the Marketing team to help generate promotional content for Star Citizen & Squadron 42.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in creating outstanding imagery. This will be demonstrated through a portfolio of work examples that show a comprehensive understanding of how shape-language, colour, texture and light can be combined to make impactful imagery.
The successful candidate will learn to utilise the game engine and editor to create stunning images that showcase the game's features and capabilities.
Experience is preferred, but exceptional portfolios from candidates from other backgrounds will be considered.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work within the Marketing Team and alongside other departments to present game content effectively to the community and wider media.
- Create and capture dynamic imagery utilising the game-engine for use in all forms of marketing (both digital and printed).
Desirable additional skills
- A strong a portfolio/showreel is essential, ideally with material that presents a proven track record in a comparable role. (If there are collaborative works included, please highlight your personal contribution).
- A proactive (self-motivated) approach to achieving excellence.
- A good understanding of a 3D packages (ideally Maya or 3DSMax) and the determination to convert existing skillsets into the game-engine.
- A good knowledge of Photoshop (ideally combined with retouching experience).
- A good eye for composition.
- Exceptional ability to utilise lighting, colour, materials and form to create impactful imagery.
- A meticulous eye for visual detail.
- The ability to work independently with confidence, but also as a key part of a thriving team.
- The aptitude to create high-quality imagery in a short timeframe as well as iteratively improve 'key' shots over a more sustained period.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in communication.
- Professionalism regarding deadlines.
- Inclination to work as a part of a successful team, sharing skills and encouraging new talent.
- Occasional international travel may be required as part of the role.
- Illustrative ability.
- The capacity to create a broad array of imagery e.g. fast-paced actions shots, beautiful vistas, nicely staged character pieces.
- A good grasp of visual storytelling.
- Strong character posing skills - convey weight and interactions effectively.
- Familiarity with game engines (Ideally Lumberyard).
- 3D Modelling/texturing skills.
- Familiarity with the Star Citizen Universe and/or an interest in the genre.
- A basic knowledge of Graphic Design.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.