Requirements for the role:
- You must have, prior to consideration: a strong portfolio that adequately reflects artistic flare and ability.
- Demonstrable experience in creating environment / prop models of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for the game.
- Be able to meet schedules and artistic standards.
- Work collaboratively with the art team and actively contribute to the development process.
- Model in-game art with effective use of polygon and texture budget.
- Model high and low-poly art to the required standard and level of detail.
- Create UV map with efficient layout.
- Perform research and reference gathering to acquire the necessary knowledge to perform assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within a project.
- Industry experience modelling and texturing for console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game and possess 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Be able to use some or all of the following applications (Blender, 3DS Max / Maya, Zbrush - Substance Painter & Designer, Photoshop) up to industry standard.
- Traditional Art Background (sketching, digital painting and conceptualizing skills) and can therefore demonstrate an understanding of Art Fundamentals.
- Story boarding.
- Experience with Unity / Unreal.
Demonstrate Ability To:
- Communicate effectively within a team environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex art related issues.
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects.
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team.