Brighton, England, United Kingdom · Art
Founded and based in central Brighton in 2015, Electric Square is one of the UK games industry's fastest growing studios. Together, with our current workforce of 120 staff and 5 studio dogs, we are working on 3 world class projects with a clear mission is to make incredibly fun games of the highest quality. The 3D Environment Artist will be an essential part of the Art team, having a huge impact on the games we create!
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Make a significant direct contribution to the creation of AAA world art, level design and lighting.
- Work closely with the Art Lead to establish the aesthetic and technical standards for environment art on the project.
- Contribute to level design and work with the level design team on all aspects of gameplay relating to the game environments.
- Oversee and support the external management and integration of outsourced content.
- Problem solve and consistently present sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of real-time game environments.
- Proactively assist in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmark
- Ideally a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or relevant degree.
- Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills.
- Solid understanding of 2D/3D art packages: Photoshop, Maya, Z-Brush etc.
- Ability to design, prototype, model, texture and light beautiful and immersive stylised worlds.
- A generalist creative and technical skillset that reaches beyond the remit of world art.
- Demonstrable time management and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic team player, positive and outgoing personality
- A passion for video games, art and a commitment to personal development
- A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by one of Brighton’s finest pop-up diners. The studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays: 23 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Project Team Bonus Pools
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Income Protection and Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme – Tax efficient childcare voucher scheme operated through KiddiVouchers.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Free 30 days bus pass – Enjoy a free 30 days bus pass to all new joiners across the Brighton & Hove bus service.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer at Alive Gym.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Free locally roasted Coffee by Pharmacie, the best in Town & Speciality Teas
- Electric Square Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections. Keeping those bellies full.
- Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our Kitchen which includes toastie makers, Nutri-bullets, amazing coffee machine and microwaves
- Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of the many amazing pop up diners in and around Brighton
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day to keep you healthy.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure, we are always pleased to see any homemade treats bought in too.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks, from Kombucha, to organic fizzy soft drinks and filtered water on tap.
- Electric Square Beer & Wine Fridge – Free craft beers, cider, wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Free awesome T-shirts – Our now famous recognisable Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts available, with a new colour range coming out each season. Be a trend setter!
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days – Don’t leave Fido at home alone. Bring your dog into the studio to meet the rest of the team. Electric Square is a dog friendly employer!
- Exhibitions/ Days out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.